Part107.org Member Forum

for Part 107 Commercial sUAS Pilots
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Metro New York
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:45 am 

Just joined the site and thought I'd introduce myself:

I have been a private/instrument pilot for over 40 years and have just received my 333 Exemption (#14496). Although I'm a CPA, my primary work has been in commercial real estate and construction for most of my adult life. I also have ties into the security/protective services and film world, so thought I'd include those in my 333 application. I use a Phantom 3 Professional as my UAS.

Being in the metro NYC area, where you can't spit without hitting an airport or city, it is almost impossible to fly a drone commercially without being in violation of my COA so I'm hoping to join the voice of those looking to provide input into new regs.

Post subject: Re: Metro New York
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:09 am 
Site Admin

Welcome to the forums.

Sorry, but you're a little late to the game to provide input to the FAA regarding the Part 107 rules. That NPRM comment period closed almost a year ago (04/24/2015).
You can read it here: https://www.federalregister.gov/articles/2015/02/23/2015-03544/operation-and-certification-of-small-unmanned-aircraft-systems?utm_campaign=subscription+mailing+list&utm_medium=email&utm_source=federalregister.gov
For what it's worth, there were 4,640 comments received by the FAA.

I just put a new article in my blog about what we can look forward to under Part 107:
https://dronemann.wordpress.com/2016/03/18/the-other-shoe/

There will be another NPRM shortly that basically exempts micro-class sUAS from the Part 107 rules and you will be able to comment on that for a short period. I will post an announcement here when the comment period opens.

Steve (admin)

Post subject: Metro New York
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:02 am 

Hey, Greeting Where in New York are you at....maybe we can get together and train at some point?